How to secure your sensitive information[KeePass]
Team Database to secure credentials
KeePass Password Safe is a free and open-source password manager primarily for Windows. It officially supports macOS and Linux operating systems through the use of Mono. Additionally, there are several unofficial ports for Windows Phone, Android, iOS, and BlackBerry devices.
Today, you have to remember many passwords. You need a password for a lot of websites, your e-mail account, your webserver, network logins, etc. The list is endless. Also, you should use a different password for each account, because if you would use only one password everywhere and someone gets this password, you would have a problem: the thief would have access to all of your accounts.
Download link: https://keepass.info/download.html
- Install and open KeePass.
- Follow the instructions to have the KeePass setup ready.
- Open KeePass application.
- Create a new database.
- Set the master password for the database and save it in a safe place. It is helpful to open the KeePass file.
- Enter a prefered master password and click on OK
- The application returns Root Directory.
- Create directory/folder under Root.
- Start creating entries.
- You can add URL, Username and password details into the entries.
- Once you are done with creating entries, SAVE the file to your Desktop or prefered location.
- Save this file in GitHub or any other SourceCode repository.
- Share the Master password within the team, so that they can store the new password entries and again reimport the KeePass file to GitHub.
Hoping this is helpful.